Mr Trump boosted hopes of a UK-US trade deal
- Trump ‘looks forward’ to striking UK-US deal, says ‘potential is unlimited’
- Pound reverses gains, slips back to €1.17 versus euro
- Vote to remove no deal triggered strongest sterling surge in four months
- Our finances are holding up, but our political crisis just got worse
- May’s no-deal trade tariffs are largely a theatre stunt
- Worse off under no-deal Brexit? Go on, pull the other one, Mr Hammond
Donald Trump has called on the UK and US to strike a “large scale” trade deal after Brexit, saying that the potential of an agreement is “unlimited”.
The US president boosted hopes of a deal between the two countries by tweeting that he "looks forward to negotiating" an agreement with the UK.